How to Assemble a Drumset
By One of our Customer Service Reps. Pater Lao
1. You should have received 2 boxes. One big and one small. Please open both boxes.
2. Inside the big box, there are 4 round plastic things(3 clear and 1 black) that we call drum heads. Please put them aside. We will use them later.
3. Inside the big box, after remove the drum heads, you will see a long box which has 3 pieces of steal things in it. They are stands. (one cymal stand, one hi-hat stand, and one snare stand.) Please also put them aside. We will use them later.
4. Inside the big box, next to the long box(stand box), you will see a round thing with steel round thing op top. That round thing with color wrapping is called TOM-TOM. The one inside the big box is the big TOM-TOM. There is another small TOM-TOM inside the small box. Please also put it aside.
5. Now, you should see a paper box inside the big drum(22″ in diameter) which we call Bass drum. Please take the paper box from the big box and put it aside. Then take the Bass drum from the big box and set it aside. Along with the Bass drum, there are 2 round things with color strips on the center which we call Bass drum hoops. Please take them out too.
6. At last, you should be able to see the last thing in the big box. Another long box which stand up vertically that we call Parts box. Inside the Parts box, we will see many parts.
NOW, we are going to put Bass drum together. On the Bass drum, there are 2 Steel things that you will see 2 screw on them, that’s what we call Bass drum bracket.
1. Put the Bass drum horizontally with the 2 Bass drum brackets away from the floor.
2. Put the black drum head(do you recall what is drum head? 🙂 ) on the Bass drum, and then put the Bass drum hoop on top of black drum head.
3. Open the Parts box and you will see many parts. One of them look like T with threads on one end that we call tension rods. One of them look like V with the two finger bend down that we called claws. Put the claws on the hoop. The bending part hocked on the hoop. Then, put the threaded end of tension rod through the washer then put through the claw. Now, you will be able to connect the tension to the retangular things on Bass drum which we called Lugs. Please repeat this step until every claws has a tension rod connected to Lugs.
4. Sy far, you are doing great and I hope you understand what I am saying. Then turn the Bass drum upside down and put the clear Bass drum head on the other side of Bass drum. Then put the Bass drum hoop on top of Bass drum head and then repeat the step 3 until every claw has a tension rod connect to Lugs.
5. Inside the Parts box, there are 2 shorter steel rod with rubber footing on one side which we called Bass drum spur. Put the metal end into the Bass drum Bracket and tied it up. Now you should have the Bass drum assembled and able to stand up. Not easy but you are doing great. 🙂
NOW, it’s time to put the TOM-TOM together. Remember there are 2 clear drum heads in the big box? Those are used for the TOM-TOM in the big box.
1. Unscrew the 2 scres from the TOM-TOM. You will see the oval sticker with our logo on. Please have the logo face to you. Put one of the clear drum head onto the drum with the logo align together. One on the drum and one on the head.
2. Put the steel round thing that we call TOM-hoop on top of drum head. Put the screw with square head through the hole and connect to the Lugs(remember what is lug? 🙂 )
3. Repeat step 2 until the top and bottom head are put onto the TOM-TOM. Now you have assembled the big TOM-TOM.
It’s time to work on the small box. Inside the small box, you will see the following things……
1. 2 pairs of clear drum head.
2. 1 big cymbal and 1 pair of small cymbal(hi-hat)
3. 1 seat and base which you are already put together. Congratulations!!!
4. 1 paper box with Bass drum pedal in it.
5. 1 Small TOM-TOM
6. 1 Taller TOM-TOM which we called Floor tom
Now, let’s put the other 2 toms together, shall we???
1. Repeat the step how we put the big TOM-TOM together for smaller TOM-TOM and Floor tom. However, for floor tom, you need to put the legs on. You will find 3 legs inside the Parts box. They look like a steel rod with a little curved on the rubber foot end. Put the steel end through the 3 bracket(the thing with wing screw on the side) and tied them down. By now, the Floor tom should be able to stand up by those 3 legs.
2. Inside the Parts box, there is a pair of tube things which we called TOM arms. Put the longer end through the thing with 2 holes on the Bass drum and tied them up.
3. Unscrew the screw on the tilter and put the TOM-TOM through the shorter arm. Facing the black Bass drum head, you should have the smaller TOM-TOM on your right hand side and the big TOM-TOM on the left hand side. All right!!! you have the 4 drum ready to play.
But, we are not done yet……… Remember the paper box that you took out from the big box??? Inside the box, there is a steel drum with wires on one side and rough head on the other side. That drum we called snare drum. Please have the rough head facing the sky. Remember the long box from the big box??? Inside the box, there are 3 stands. Please take out the one with claws with 3 rubber tips that we called snare stand. Open the claws and put the tube through the base. Now you should be able to use the snare drum. At this point, I pretty much explained how to put the drum pieces together.